Limestone Township Library District is preparing to move forward as we begin the next phase of resuming services for our patrons. We miss everyone and know that many of you have had many questions as to how the library will accept materials that have been out, if they can check out new materials, and if it’s possible to get a library card.
In case we haven’t answered your questions below, do not hesitate to call us at 815-939-1696, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or message us at Facebook or Instagram.
When will the library open?
- Limestone Township Library District (LTLD)
will re-open the library on Monday, July 13, 2020.
We have missed seeing our patrons
and are eagerly looking forward to seeing everyone again.
- When the building opens, masks will be required to be worn within the building for the safety of patrons and staff. If you are unable to wear a mask, we are happy to provide you with your materials through curbside service.
- Only fifteen (15) patrons will be allowed in the building to help maintain social distancing. Patrons will have a one-hour time limit to be in the library.
The Library’s hours are as follows:
Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays: 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Fridays: 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Saturday: 10:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.
Thursdays and Sundays: Closed
Senior and Immuno-Compromised Patrons Only Hours
Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.
Families with children will be allowed in the library on specific dates as follows.
Tuesday, July 14th and Saturday, July 18th, families may bring their children who are in 4th grade and up to the library between the hours of 10:00 A.M. and 11:00 A.M.
Tuesday, July 21st, and Saturday, July 25th, families may bring their children
in 1st grade and up between the hours of 10:00 A.M. and 11:00 A.M.
On Tuesday, July 28th, and Saturday, August 1st, families may bring their children
in Pre-School and up to the library between the hours of 10:00 A.M. and 11:00 A.M.
Parents/Guardians need to stay with children under the age of 14 while in the building. Families may also utilize the Contactless Curbside Service during non-family hours.
Computers may be used by appointment in half hour intervals
two (2) times per day per patron.
Copier and fax services will be available with staff providing the service.
Please ask for help if you are coming for copying or faxing services.
- We are continuing to offer Curbside Services by appointment. We will take orders by phone, email, or holds you are able to place on your Prairie Cat account. We will make calls when we have your order ready and schedule a pick-up time for you. Please give Library staff a minimum of twenty-four hours to fill any order you may make.
We will put the bag of books through an open window on an available car seat or in the trunk of your car.
- The schedule for Curbside Service is as follows:
o Mondays and Wednesdays: 11 A.M. - 1 P.M.; 3 P.M. - 6 P.M.
o Fridays: 10 A.M. - 12 P.M.; 2 P.M. - 4 P.M.
o Saturdays: 11 A.M. - 2 P.M.
Is there going to be Summer Reading? When does summer reading start?
· Dig Deeper! Yes, we are going forward with Summer Reading and we’re looking forward to having you and your family join in! Dig Deeper: Read, Investigate, Discover! will begin Monday, June 15, 2020. Because of social distancing needs we will be using a new virtual summer reading program this year called Beanstack in which participants can track their reading minutes, take part in challenges, and earn various badges. More information will be coming in regards to virtual programs that you can view on our own YouTube channel. Please be aware that there will be no programming occurring in-house at the library.
How long can I check items out?
· In order to offer our patrons excellent customer service including greater accessibility to all of our items, print and audio books may be checked out for 2 weeks with the ability to have two (2) renewals (if there is no holds on the item) adding up to a total of six weeks check out period.
· DVDs will continue to be checked out for their usual 1-week time period.
· Policy for the number of books to be checked out and the loan time have been changed as well. Adults may check out up to five items at one time, including books, audio books, and DVDs/BluRays. Patrons between the ages of 5 and 18 will be able to get five (5) DVDs/BluRays along with books, up to 20 Children’s, Juvenile, and YA items per family. All items upon return will be placed in a 3-day quarantine period.
How are staff maintaining safety from the virus?
· The Library takes staff and public health safety seriously. Staff is cleaning with disinfectant wipes, and wearing masks when unable to maintain social distancing. All library materials are being quarantined for three (3) days before being checked back into the library and placed on the shelves. Items distributed through our Curbside Service will be placed in bags and put in patron’s cars, preferably the trunk of your car.
What is the due date for items I have currently checked out?
· Items being checked out now have a due date of two weeks for books, one week for DVDs. Once items are returned they will be in quarantine for three (3) days. You will still see them on your record until the quarantine period is over.
What if I want to get a library card in order to use the e-resources and curbside service?
· If you are a resident of Limestone Township, you are able to get a library card. You will need to email us a picture of your current State ID or Driver’s License as well as a picture of a current utility bill, and a selfie. In addition, please include your home email address and your home telephone number. We will verify your information and email your new library card number and pin. We can schedule a time during Curbside Services to give you your new card. Once we re-open, patrons will be able to come inside to apply for a library card.